heating gently heats the floor using either warm water pipe or
electric cable. It's already widely used in other countries and is
now being recognised in the UK as one of the most modern
energy-efficient options for space heating.
Underfloor heating is engineered to provide an energy-efficient
solution for heating rooms whilst earning a better rating within
SAP Assessments than traditional systems such as electric fires and
radiators. There are a number of systems available for semi-solid,
solid ground and suspended floors.
Types of wet pipe systems
Wet underfloor heating systems have moved on from the typical
pipe under a concrete slab; there are now many types of fixing and
insulated systems available. The Staple system is the lowest cost
option, and an ideal solution for small and irregular shaped
floors. The plastic staples hold the UFH pipe down onto PIR or
polystyrene insulation in the desired layout, and screed is then
laid on top. The Plate system consists of interlocking plastic
plates which are designed to hold pipe work in the desired layout
before the screed is applied. The Pocketed Polystyrene system
consists of machined channels which hold the pipe in fixed centres
- very quick to install and pre-designed. The new Modular Wood
system uses standard tongue and groove panels with pre-fitted 10mm
UFH pipe. It's ideal for upper timber floors and allows for
simultaneous installation of floor and UFH.
Wet underfloor heating (UFH) offers energy savings to the
homeowner when compared to traditional radiator systems.
Typically the water used in a UFH system only needs to be heated
to 45 65?C, which contrasts with radiator systems, which use water
at 70 - 80?C.
- Can be supplied in a kit format with drawings.
- Free of charge design service available from Jewson.
- Energy efficient - saves on running costs compared to
traditional radiator systems.
- Ideal for modern lifestyles - allows total freedom on furniture
layout and room utilisation.
- Low allergy - convected airborne dust levels reduced and
underfloor heating discourages house dust mites within floor
Jewson has everything you'll need...
- Solutions; Jewson supplies a full range of underfloor heating
systems to suit every project. Whether you require water or
electric underfloor heating systems, we're able to supply the most
cost effective solution.
- Online Design; Bring your plans into your local Jewson branch
for a quick turnaround design and planning service.
- Greenworks; Underfloor heating works very efficiently with heat
pump technology. For further technical advice please contact the
Greenworks central team.