Grey Water Recycling

There are a number of technologies and products which enable end users to use less water, and builders to gain valuable Code points and conform to mandatory standards.

We flush clean drinking water down our toilets every day, calculated to account for 30% of our domestic water usage.

We use a further 21% in the basin and bath, and 12% in showering, totalling 33%. This water can be re-used for toilet flushing by installing a simple, low maintenance recycling unit.

EcoPlay

Another grey water system, which works in a similar way to a toilet cistern. However, grey water from the bath and shower is collected in the cleaning tank where a skimmer removes debris such as foam, hairs and soap. Heavier waste particles sink to the bottom and are flushed away to waste. The remaining 'clean' grey water is then transferred into a storage tank ready for use in toilet flushing. The tank holds about 100 litres (approx. 20 flushes).

The system is easy to install and occupies little more room than standard, built-in, concealed cistern toilet piping.

EcoPlay reduces the amount of potable water supplied to the household, thus making it easier to comply with the Code for Sustainable Homes.

The HydroCyc

The HydroCyc recycles waste bath, basin and shower water (known as grey water) and treats it to well beyond the safety standards to be used for flushing the toilet.

Water feeds from the basin, bath and shower by gravity into the HydroCyc. Using patented cyclonic technology, water is treated and then pumped back up to a header tank to be used for toilet flushing. The main base unit is situated in either the kitchen or utility room.

Grey -Water -Recycling

Trade Tips

  • Grey water systems can meet leg islative requirements including level 6 of the Code for Sustainable Homes.
  • Grey water recycling units are simple to install. Some kits can cost less than £1,000.
  • Not really practical for retro-fit; this is a new build product.

Homeowner Benefits

  • Grey water recycling units are cheap to run and can be discreetly concealed.
  • Save water, save money, save the environment.
  • Grey water recycling units use self cleaning technology and are practically maintenance free.

Jewson has everything you'll need...

  • Products; Jewson supply a wide range of water saving products from low water content baths and toilets, to flow regulators, water saving taps, showers and grey water recycling.
  • Greenworks; Jewson have a network of regional sales centres across the UK with Greenworks trained specialists who can advise on water saving technology.

Our Suppliers

Ecoplay