Heat Recovery & Ventilation
Heat recovery systems work by capturing heat from extracted air
that would otherwise be ventilated out of the building, and
transfer it to warm fresh air which is circulated around a network
Modern buildings lose 25% of their heat through uncontrolled
ventilation and air leakage. On average a bathroom full of moist
air loses over 60 watts of heat energy from the room twice every
hour. That is 1.2kWh of wasted heat.
With increasing emphasis being placed on energy efficiency and
particularly insulation in houses, we need to ensure this is
twinned with a comfortable and quality indoor environment.
Ventilation protects the building against condensation and mould
growth caused by excessive steam in the air from everyday
activities such as bathing, cooking and showering.
Design and location considerations...
Heat recovery units run 24/7, circulating air throughout the
building and are therefore designed to be very quiet in use.
Units are low maintenance and can be located in the loft or an
eye level cupboard, but access will be required to clean the
Heat recovery systems are best suited to new build projects as a
network of ducting needs to be planned and care must be taken to
make sure the system is air-tight.
- MVH R systems don't weigh a lot and are compact for simple,
easy installation in kitchen eye-level cupboards or the loft
- plan these in at first fix stage.
- Jewson offer a free design service through both of its key
- If you are working on a new build use web joists; it will make
the whole job so much easier.
- Breathe pure air and reduce allergens.
- The level of effectiveness of MVH R depends on the level of
airtightness in a home.
- M VHR runs 24 hours a d ay but can cost as little as 20p per
week to run.
Jewson has everything you'll need...
- Experience; Jewson have supplied ventilation and extraction
pipe systems for many years. Rely on our experience to help you
with your next project.
- Products; Jewson supply and stock a wide range of ventilation
pipes and vents. We have several MVHR systems available to suit
- Design Service; A design and planning service is available from
the central Greenworks office, Jewson regional sales centres or at
your local branch.