Acoustic Testing

The Building Regulations Part E resistant to the passage of sound requirements came into affect in 2003. However many years later it is still a challenging and complex legislation to get right. A Pre-Completion

Sound Insulation Test (PCT) is required for all New Build flats and attached houses which have not been registered and built using the Robust Details scheme.

In addition, any project where houses or flats for residential use have been created via a Material Change of Use (MCOU), (like a former office building converted into residential flats) will require mandatory testing. Regardless of whether the project is new build or MCOU, if Rooms for Residential Purposes (RFRP) have been created, such as hotels or student halls of residence, testing is compulsory. Testing is also required between residential and commercial spaces.

BA_Brochure4 475x215.jpg


A fail on the acoustics could lead to costly remedial solutions and delays in the sign off.

So what's the solution?

Build Aviator has partnered with LABC Acoustics to offer an acoustic service that provides just that.

Our team can work with your designer to ensure acoustic solutions are designed in from the beginning, reducing the risk of failure due to issues such as flanking sound. In addition we can audit a building for sound to assess the performance and work with the design team to find the most effective solutions to ensure you pass the final test.


Follow the link to request more information Acoustic Testing, or for additional information please contact our Self Build team on 0800 032 8968 alternative via email on