Ground Source Heat Pumps
Ground source heat pumps use solar energy naturally stored in
soil, bedrock and groundwater as a heat source.
Ground source heat pumps do require electricity to operate, but
are extremely efficient - producing up to five times as much heat
energy for every unit of electricity used and are available for a
variety of buildings and heating requirements.
Design and location considerations...
There are a number of types of ground source heat pump available
to suit the heating requirements of any building, whether it's a
new build or existing property.
They can also be installed almost anywhere, providing there is
sufficient space to lay ground loops or drill a bore hole.
Whichever collector is chosen, the ground must be unshaded.
- Ground source heat pumps earn points under the Code for
- The ground you choose for the collector must be unshaded.
- They are great for new build or existing properties.
- Take advantage of the Renewable Heat Incentive - check out page
41 for more details.
- Produces up to five times more heat energy for every unit of
- Almost maintenance free and can save up to 2 tonnes of CO2 per
Jewson has everything you'll need...
- Products; Jewson understands the importance of being able to
supply our customers the very latest renewable technologies. We
have links to many suppliers and are able to offer a wide choice of
options. In addition we are able to connect you with a local MCS
installer. Jewson supply sizes and formats from various
- Jewson Tool Hire branches provide a
range of equipment to suit all projects.