Order now for delivery before the bank holiday.
Self Build Checklist
It is estimated that approximately 10,000 to 15,000 self builds are successfully completed every year in the UK. Nearly all of these are done by people who have never built anything before!
When embarking on a self build project, there is a lot you need to consider, and a lot you could easily forget. We’ve put together this checklist to help you prepare for your project.
- Arrange a mortgage in principle
- Locate potential plots
- Assess development potential
- Plan budget
- Arrange plot valuation
- Arrange site survey
- Purchase site
- Choose architect and builder
- Build Aviator for SAP assessments and testing
- Create designs with architect
- Acquire planning permission
- Apply for water and electricity on site
- Arrange site insurance and warranty
- Pay land registry fees
- Prepare detailed drawings
- Seek Building Regulations approval
- Put contract out to tender
- Choose a builder/tradesperson