The Tarmac Toplite Standard Concrete Block 440 x 215 x 100mm (L x W x T) is an extremely versatile lightweight block which is suitable for use in both above and below the ground levels. It provides many benefits for specifiers and contractors, making it the natural choice where blockwork is specified. The block is made from autoclaved aerated concrete whose porous structure gives superior fire resistance. It can be used for all general-purpose walling applications including inner leaves, solid walls, internal partitions, separating walls, loadbearing walls, and fire and sound insulations. The product has a density of 630kg/m3 and weighs 6.10kgs while dry. It has a compressive strength of 3.6N/mm2 with a shear bond strength of 0.15N/mm2. The block has a thermal conductivity of 0.15W/mK. In addition to the above features, the block is CE marked and conforms to BES 6001. Toplite is a range of versatile aircrete blocks providing solutions below ground in foundation walls, in suspended beam and block floors and all types of internal and external walling situations. Its use provides many benefits for specifiers and contractors, making it the natural choice where blockwork is specified. Toplite blocks combine low unit weight with high thermal insulation and acoustic performance.
This product is sourced from several suppliers and may differ in appearance and texture due to regional variants.
Features & benefits
- Light and easy to handle, decreasing build time
- Cutting is straight forward and quick to achieve using standard tools
- Offers a high level of thermal insulation contributing to low U-values
- Larger size blocks lead to faster masonry work
- Quality assured by Environmental Management System - ISO 14001:2015
- Certified by BS EN 771 - 4
- Does not degrade under normal climate conditions hence life is extended
- Has Euroclass A1 fire rating
- Has E rating in sound insulation to perform a standard of 40Rw Db