What Tools Do I Need to Build a Wall?
You will need to build new walls when adding an extension to an existing property. We offer a wide range of bricks at Jewson, our expert colleagues can even advise and help you match with the existing brickwork. Along with your bricks and mortar, you’ll need the following tools to build a new, structurally sound wall.
- String - to make sure you lay bricks in a straight line
- Spirit level - to ensure a level wall
- Trowel - for application and smoothing out mortar
- Brick jointer - to make grooves in your setting mortar
- Wheelbarrow - for easy transportation of all those bricks and other heavy materials
- Shovel - to dig, obviously
- Bolster - to cut through bricks (for corners or ends)
- Club hammer - to help you use the bolster